Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday five!

You know how I roll -- it's time for a list!

1. FINALLY went to Burgatory last night.  Did it live up to the hype?  Yes 100%!!!  The setting is casual, with fantastic decorations, like a sign saying, "Honor thy mother and thy burger."  Yes, please :)  We waited 25 minutes or so, but used the time wisely to grab a drink at the bar and study the menu like it was our job.  With so many options, you'll do the same!

I created my own burger: beef with the angel dust rub (salt, pepper, garlic), applewood smoked bacon, roasted garlic mayo, smokehouse cheddar cheese, tomato and Romaine lettuce on a Brioche bun.  To die for!  The burger was cooked exactly how I wanted it and the homemade chips on the side totally hit the spot.  (Sweet and russet potato chips, to boot!)

Then I ordered the S'mores Milkshake which came out with a giant toasted marshmallow on top.  I don't know how they did it, but the mysterious mixture of ice cream, milk, graham cracker crumbs, and chocolate was the perfect consistency.  I'm not one for bold statements like this, so listen up closely -- this was the best milkshake I've ever had in my life!!  Hands down.  In summary, go there now!


2. To finish off a week of reviewing my most popular recipes as determined by you, here is a three ingredient no-bake cake that will knock your (and everyone else's) socks off --chocolate wafer icebox cake!  It's even more fun than it is easy to make, too.  A true example of less is more!  The chocolate wafers soften and absorb the sweet whipped cream and create this layered masterpiece.

3. An 8th-grade girl from Pennsylvania won the National Spelling Bee last night!  How cool!

4. Today is National Donut Day and it seems like everyone wants to help you celebrate.  Dunkin' Donuts promises a free doughnut to anyone who purchases a beverage -- and it needn't be coffee.  An even better deal, Krispy Kreme promises a free doughnut to anyone who simply shows up at one of their many locations!  Decisions, decisions.

5. Cheating a bit, but have a fantastic weekend!  I'm headed outside to enjoy an old-fashioned baseball game tomorrow with my future in-laws -- go Pirates!  And look for new recipes to resume next week.  Thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment: