While we wait for family and friends to arrive, I'm rounding up some of my ultimate party foods for you to consider making for your patriotic bash. My favorite part about 4th of July picnics, BBQs, and parties is that everyone contributes something and the result is the most eclectic and amazing spread of food. No fuss, serve-yourself potlucks are where it's at! Since burgers and dogs are an obvious staple, I hand-picked other recipes that will fill in the gaps and empty stomachs. (If you're looking for some burger recipes, click here.) Enjoy! :)
-If you've got 15 minutes, you've got time for homemade appetizers. Make, plate, and devour!
-Every single one of these recipes can be made ahead of time. That way you can be calmly sipping lemonade and relaxing when guests arrived rather than doing the flight of the bumblebee kitchen dance!
- Broccoli slaw
- Watermelon arugula goat cheese salad
- Taco pasta salad - try warm or cold
- Strawberry almond salad
- Peas with shallots and pancetta
- Roasted cumin and chick pea salad
- The best macaroni and cheese ever
- A-Z summer salad
- Raw corn and zucchini salad
- Last minute lentil salad with peppers and bacon
Crowd-pleasing Main Dishes
-Burgers and dogs are classic, but I really look forward to is the variety of creative casseroles and pint-sized foods I can sample. Think outside the box by making sandwiches but cutting smaller portions or pinwheels from wraps. Also, Crock Pot dishes are no fuss ways to have hot dishes without getting sweaty slaving over the grill for hours. Put out a tray of buns or rolls for serve-yourself goodness. And make sure to keep cool salads chilled over a bowl of ice or cold packs.
- No cook smashed avocado chick pea wraps
- Chicken meatball subs - make ahead of time and stash in Crock Pot with sauce and peppers!
- Cranberry walnut chicken salad
- Curried chicken salad
- Kale salad
- Slow cooker Santa Fe chicken - serve with tortillas or premade taco shells
- Slow cooker BBQ chicken
- Grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers - marinate in fridge and pop on grill for only a few minutes!
- Asian marinated salmon - it's about time grilled salmon be on your radar!
- Tomato corn pie - ohemgee. The BEST!
- Steak onion and goat cheese sandwiches
- Slow cooker short rib ragu
Think I forgot dessert? Never fear! Check back tomorrow for an entire post dedicated to sweets!