Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Five: Cinco de Mayo eats

Friday!  At time of posting, I'll be in Maryland at my grandma's house.  My parents, aunt, uncle, and I are spending the day doing some spring cleaning and painting while new carpet is installed in two rooms.  A little elbow grease and quality bonding time is so much better than any day at the office, don't you think?  That and the chance that Grandma may have a pan of her famous Oreo dessert waiting in the freezer for us ;)  Fun family Friday for the win!

It'll be a quick trip for us, since I'll be back late Friday night, just in time to enjoy the weekend.  A weekend full of variety: a baby shower, the Pittsburgh marathon (only cheering this year), a long run of my own, out of town visitors, and Cinco de Mayo celebrations on Sunday!

While there's no real reason I should be celebrating Cinco de Mayo, there's also no reason I can't!  Much like St. Patrick's Day brings out the Irish in everyone, so does May 5th bring out the sense of Mexican pride in all of us.  That and it gives everyone a chance to reaffirm our love of Mexican cuisine and frosty margaritas.  Who doesn't love a good party?!

Wherever you are and whatever your background, I hope you enjoy this week's edition of Friday Five:  Cinco de Mayo dishes!

1. Beef taco salad

2. Taco turkey casserole

3. Slow cooker black bean soup

4. The ultimate chicken enchiladas

5. Pumpkin enchiladas


Enjoy your very own south of the border celebration.  Save a margarita for me, please :)  Happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!  And a special good luck to all of the runners participating in the Pittsburgh Marathon on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment