Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Currently

A little something different for today.  This reminds me of the absurd and oh-so-much-fun email surveys I exchanged with friends in junior high school.  I'd like to say I'm wiser and mature-er, but that's up for debate.      I'm just in a sharing kind of mood and hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did filling it out.  Copy and paste the whole thing and share with friends or leave a comment and share with some new friends and me!

Come on, you know you're having a tough time getting back to work/everyday responsibilities after the long holiday weekend, too ;)


Current Book(s): 
I just finished Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling and totally loved it.  I'm talking laugh-out-loud-by-yourself-while-reading kind of funny.  It's a quick and easy read (perfect beach material!), and I finished it in 2 days.  Now, I want all of my friends to read it so we can quote Mindy together.  I'm about to start The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared for my office book club.  I have no idea what to expect, but the reviews are good and the title certainly caught my attention.  

Current Music:  
The soundtrack for the weekend was KISS's party pod radio, which had a delightful number of 90s pop hits.  Salt 'n Peppa, anyone?  But this week, I've settled into a nice Tom Petty groove in anticipation of his upcoming concert that I'm stoked to attend!

Current Guilty Pleasure:
Sex and the City reruns while I eat my breakfast before work.

Current Nail Color:
Blech!  None.  Even at the age of 28, I still cannot stand the thought of anything on my nails.  

Current Drink:
Water, always water!  Though I did have a delicious cocktail this past weekend at a Memorial Day picnic.  In the mix were limoncello, Prosecco, some white wine (I think) and fresh raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries.  Unreal, this stuff!  Tasty and gorgeous.  If the hostess is reading this, please email me the recipe ASAP :)

Current Food:
Kale, still.  And, working away in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, black bean soup.  

Current Favorite TV Show:
Most of our favorite shows are finished for the season (or for good, sniff sniff The Office) but one is still going and we can't get enough of it -- Psych!  If you haven't seen it, you must check it out.  Hilarious lead duo, not to mention great cast and addictive plots.

Current Wish List:
New black sandals, a bright cross-body purse for summer, and a new cookie scoop since I actually wore out mine.  Came up short on the first two but found the third this weekend at a kitchen outlet store for $3.  Oh, and this adorable print from Etsy.  I couldn't agree more, Julia!

Current needs:
Vanilla ice cream protein powder.  We're almost out!  And, from looking at the hot hot hot weather forecast for this week, frosty smoothies will be my breakfast of choice most days.

Current Indulgence:
Dark chocolate caramels with sea salt from Sarris Candies.  Good .  I can't get enough of these!  Laura and I visited recently and, despite the typical post-ice cream sundae sugar overload, we actually managed to purchase some sweets for the road.  I bought a few of these and have been rationing them out verrrrrry carefully.  Who knows when I'll return, but I guarantee it won't be soon enough!

Current Blessing:
Fun-loving and adventurous companions.  As soon as the warm weather arrived, we came out of the winter hibernation and re-entered the world, ready for fun.  Thankfully, we have the best friends in the world who are always up for a good time, be it dining out together in a big group, traipsing around the city at yard sales, or gathering around a TV to watch hockey.  Love every single one of you! 

Current Outfit:
As I type this, I'm wearing wind pants (remember those?) and a Pitt hoodie.  But, lately, it's been summer dresses day in and day out!

Current Excitement:
Two completely open weekends ahead of us.  In other words, we can be spontaneous and do whatever fun things strike our moods.  Hooray!  Of course, I should also mention that I have a head full of ideas as to what fun things we can do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment