Monday, March 18, 2013

Banana muffin redo

This recipe isn't exactly new, but it is such a favorite of mine and such a staple in our home that I felt it warranted re-sharing: my mom's famous banana muffins!


I made a big batch last weekend and decided to mix things up a bit.  Into half of the batter, I stirred a heaping 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.  Into the other half, I stirred a generous 1/2 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Coconut = chewy sweet goodness!  Chocolate = ooooooobviously rich and decadent and amazing!

But don't limit yourself to chocolate and coconut.  Try some chopped walnuts or pistachios, maybe slivered almonds.  How about some drained and diced pineapple or apple?  Or you could throw caution to the wind and kick nutrition to the curb and add chopped Reese's cups?  I just.  Eee!  Chopped Reese's cups are so happening next time I make banana muffins.  TDF, for sure!

Click here for the recipe to make some for yourself.  I promise they'll cure any case of the Mondays you're dealing with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment