Monday, December 5, 2011

12 days of cookies: Day 6 - Snickerdoodles

On a rainy (!) Monday, there are very few things that can convince me to leave my bed.  One is the fact that I have a full-time job and kiiiiiinda want to keep it.  But, an even better case is knowing I can whip up a hot bowl of cinnamon brown sugar oatmeal to stave off that "Oh my gosh why does air outside of my covers feel so freakin' freezing" chill.

There's just something about the smell of cinnamon that's so totally comforting and warming.  And, truth be told, there is something slightly better than aforementioned oatmeal for an all-over bundled up feeling: snickerdoodle cookies!


Toasty warm for the soul and apartment/home.  Think about all of the foods that you love to smell cooking so much, such as apple pie.  It's the cinnamon, yo!  Forget about those fruity tooty candles that will set you back $20 for a small-ish jar (Ridic, I know).  Instead, spend a fraction of that on a few ingredients and make your own snickerdoodle cookies!  Chewy, sweet, and a perfect candidate for dunking in both milk and hot cho.   Click here for the recipe.




Previous posts in the 12 Days of Cookies feature:













Day 1 - Oatmeal raisin cookie
Day 2 - Orange creamsicle cookie
Day 3 - Black and white cookie 
Day 4 - Mom's molasses crinkles

Day 5 - Monster cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment