Friday, November 25, 2011

The 12 days of Cookies: Day 1 - Oatmeal raisin

Happy black Friday, friends!  If you're like me and looking to avoid the chaos that's at the malls today, might I suggest a better endeavor?  Get out the boxes of Christmas decorations, start decking the halls, and get an early start on your holiday baking!

Because, really, this is totally my favorite time of the year.  Parties and gifts galore, wonderful food, and friends who make you want to install a revolving door at your house so the visitors keep comin' :)  It's that spirit that has inspired me to feature a special series of blog posts for you:

  
My 12 most favorite cookie recipes all in one place for you and your baking desires.  I'm starting a bit early so that you have plenty of time to stock up on sugar, spice, and ingredients so nice (cough Nutella cough).

First up is my all-time most favorite cookie and one that has loads of meaning to me.  Oatmeal raisin cookies!


Not only was it the first cookie recipe I ever shared with you, but it's partially to thank for Matt and I getting together.  After a month or so at my now current job, I baked a batch of these for my coworkers and put them in the lunch room for sharing.  Matt had one, loved it, and stopped by to say thank you and chat briefly.  Though the whole exchange lasted no more than a minute, it was the first time we talked.  The rest is history :) 

Plus, this is easily the most requested/ordered cookie of them all.  Click here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment