Monday, December 19, 2011

12 days of cookies: Day 12 - Chewy chocolate chip

On the 12th day of cookies, my oven baked for me... the best chocolate chip cook-ieeeeee!  And, O.M.G., the best damn dough ever.  Raw eggs, you don't scare me :)


Listen, I know we're all very comfortable with the classic Toll House recipe, and it's certainly a worthy one.  But have you ever just wanted a little more out of the quintessential cookie?  A few years ago, encouraged by my then-boyfriend (now husband... so cah-razy!), I went on a search to find a recipe for super chewy chocolate chip cookies.  You know, similar in texture to the Keebler Soft Batch cookies but with less chemicals and more home-cooked flavor.

I totally found the instructions for said delights and, boy, did they deliver!  The cookies were oh-so-chewy without being underbaked, just what the man requested.  They are also a wonderful candidate for dunking in milk, sturdy enough not to fall apart into the bottom of the glass and just moist enough.  And, for me, I loved making the dough one night, letting it chill, and then scooping (sampling) and baking the next.  Perfect for busy weeknights. 

Here is the story of my chocolate chip-laced journey and the subsequent recipe.


Previous posts in the 12 Days of Cookies feature:














Day 1 - Oatmeal raisin cookie
Day 2 - Orange creamsicle cookie
Day 3 - Black and white cookie 
Day 4 - Mom's molasses crinkles

Day 5 - Monster cookies
Day 6 - Snickerdoodles
Day 7 - Cloud cookies
Day 8 - Caramel stuffed apple cider cookies
Day 9 - Chocolate hazelnut smooches 
Day 10 - Homemade Oreos 
Day 11 - Chewy sugar cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment