Monday, April 4, 2011

Oh, thank goodness it's Sunday... wait, what?!

It's Monday already?  But... but... I only had one day off this weekend, and it was busy busy busy!  Actually, whom am I trying to fool?  I'm not complaining at all.  Working on a Saturday means there is a three day weekend in my future.  And, it's amazing what being able to wear jeans to work will do to one's productivity -- off the chart :)

Truth be told, I was so busy near the end of the week that I plum forgot to photograph a recipe that I made on Thursday night.  You see, I was busy helping Matt pack for a field trip for one of his geology classes.  Oh yes, even graduate students have field trips.  Their itinerary involved hiking and looking at rocks... or something.  We went to Target and bought pretty much every (calorically-dense) snack food imaginable.

Power Bars (he couldn't wait until the trip to indulge in one), Pop-tarts, Larabars, a poncho and water bottle (not for consumption, obvs), Reese's Cups (?!), and Velveeta (not for the trip but he just couldn't resist).  Not pictured: Kashi TLC bars, apples, and Tex Mex trail mix.  Not to be left out, I may have picked up a few items that caught my eye...

Some Larabars (on sale for $0.98 each!) and Garden Salsa Sun Chips.  Have you tried these yet?  They have the same mega crunch as their original cousins but also come with a zesty kick flavored by tomatoes and peppers.  To those of you who say regular Sun Chips are boring, try these -- you won't be disappointed!

Because I'm pretty sure that you don't come here to read about my inability to resist impulse food buys, I've gotta share a must-make pork recipe with you.  Sure, it's tucked at the bottom of this post, but I believe in saving the best for last.  Parmesan-crusted pork chops!

A pack of pork chops from a BOGO week at the grocery store was idling in my freezer because I'm not very well-versed in cooking pork chops without a slow cooker.  (Update: I lied.  I do have at least one outstanding pork chop recipe here.)  Some searching and I found Giada's ridiculously easy and inexpensive recipe for pork chops.  Italian bread crumbs, egg, and parmesan cheese.  Fry them up in a little bit of oil, and they're ready to eat!

Note: Please don't take the lack of pictures to mean that they were anything other than delicious.  Instead, leave here knowing that I was so hungry and the pork chops were so satisfying that I simply couldn't bear to waste any time snapping photos.

More on my my weekend later.  Time to buckle in for the (short) work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment