- 2 episodes into Gotham and I can say I'm hooked. For those watching, how awesome is Jada Smith?!
- 949 steps over 2.6 miles covered on this year's StepTrek. Did you know that Pittsburgh has the most steps of any city in the United States?
- 1 hail storm during aforementioned StepTrek. It may have halted us for a few minutes, but we marched on. HAIL, you guys!
- 4 different kinds of meatballs sampled in 1 hour. We celebrated a friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night at a local meatball-themed restaurant. Thankfully, it's a great place for sharing plates. My favorite meatball + sauce combo was (surprisingly) the vegetarian (made up of cauliflower, mushrooms, and white beans) with spinach-almond pesto. TDF!
- 750 cents, which bought two warm falll-themed drinks from Starbucks, for a fun afternoon getting to know my new church friend. I was invited to be a mentor to a young member of this year's confirmation class. After just one meeting, I can already tell that I"m going to love spending time with her. She's sweet, dynamic, and a pretty talented photographer -- I'm hoping I can learn a thing or two from her.
- 22 pounds of apples and 2 pumpkins purchased at a local orchard yesterday. Get ready for loooots of new apple recipes. I've got some great ideas up my sleeve.
- 4 sticks of butter used and 4 pie crusts made yesterday in under 30 minutes. The first apple recipe is a no-brainer.
Whatever your weekend tally, I hope it added up (see what I did there?) to a good time. Have a great Monday!
Weekly Meals: September 28th - October 4th
Sunday: (Out to OTB Cafe)
Monday: Superfood salad with salmon
Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
Wednesday: (Out to Butcher & the Rye)
Thursday: Garlic brown sugar chicken with parmesan kale & broccoli
Friday: Roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Saturday: (Out to Sienna Mercato)