Monday, October 6, 2014

Meal plan: Week of 9/28-10/4

Welcome!  Hope you had a terrific weekend.  Mine was full of all sorts of fun adventures that seemed connected thanks to a numerical theme.  Here's what I've been up to, by the numbers:

  • 2 episodes into Gotham and I can say I'm hooked.  For those watching, how awesome is Jada Smith?!
  • 949 steps over 2.6 miles covered on this year's StepTrek.  Did you know that Pittsburgh has the most steps of any city in the United States?
  • 1 hail storm during aforementioned StepTrek.  It may have halted us for a few minutes, but we marched on.  HAIL, you guys!
  • 4 different kinds of meatballs sampled in 1 hour.  We celebrated a friend's 30th birthday on Saturday night at a local meatball-themed restaurant.  Thankfully, it's a great place for sharing plates.  My favorite meatball + sauce combo was (surprisingly) the vegetarian (made up of cauliflower, mushrooms, and white beans) with spinach-almond pesto.  TDF!
  • 750 cents, which bought two warm falll-themed drinks from Starbucks, for a fun afternoon getting to know my new church friend.  I was invited to be a mentor to a young member of this year's confirmation class.  After just one meeting, I can already tell that I"m going to love spending time with her.  She's sweet, dynamic, and a pretty talented photographer -- I'm hoping I can learn a thing or two from her.
  • 22 pounds of apples and 2 pumpkins purchased at a local orchard yesterday.  Get ready for loooots of new apple recipes.  I've got some great ideas up my sleeve.
  • 4 sticks of butter used and 4 pie crusts made yesterday in under 30 minutes.  The first apple recipe is a no-brainer.

Whatever your weekend tally, I hope it added up (see what I did there?) to a good time.  Have a great Monday!


Weekly Meals: September 28th - October 4th

Sunday: (Out to OTB Cafe)
Monday: Superfood salad with salmon
Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken enchilada soup
Wednesday: (Out to Butcher & the Rye)
Thursday: Garlic brown sugar chicken with parmesan kale & broccoli
Friday: Roasted tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Saturday: (Out to Sienna Mercato)

No comments:

Post a Comment