Tuesday, October 21, 2014

20 Devilishly delicious Halloween treats

I'd planned on having a super cozy and soul-warming soup recipe for you today.  Spoiler alert: There is no soup recipe here.

Over the past week, I've been trying to recreate one of my favorite soups from a local restaurant.  Twice I've attempted, and twice my version of lemon chicken and rice soup has missed the mark.  It was better than okay but not good enough.  I'm not giving up on it, simply taking a break.  Soup for lunch five days in a row, anyone?

Instead of soup, let's talk about dessert!  Halloween is just 10 days out, and I'm making final adjustments to my sweet treats to various parties.  Since I suspect you're doing the same, I decided to crawl through the archives, spiderwebs and all, and pull out some of my favorite dessert recipes for this time of year.  Friends, beware!  These are so tasty it's frightening ;)

P.S. Check back next week for one more pint-sized spooky Halloween treat 
  • Black magic brownies - the newest recipe of the bunch that has dethroned my old favorite and become my go-to brownie 
  • Black bottom (cheesecake) cupcakes - Creamy and chocolatey together in one bite.  Need I say more?  No, but I will -- a little orange or even green food coloring would make these look so darn cool.
  • Chocolate chip cookie cake - This would be great to make for a kids' party.  Have various colors of frosting, sprinkles, and other candies and let them decorate before eating.  The idea may be mine, but I wash my hands clean of any mess that ensues.
  • Chocolate peanut butter pie - I don't mean to sound like a broken record but, again, orange food coloring would be a great addition, as would a a spiderweb made from drizzled rings of chocolate syrup (click here for the idea).
  • Glazed chocolate cake - Sprinkles on chocolate on chocolate.  This cake will tame even the angriest mob.
  • M&M frosted chocolate cupcakes -Some might say this is great to use up leftover candy after the holiday, but I know there are never any such leftovers in our kitchen.  So, plan to buy an extra bag and make these, pronto!
  • Mini Oreo cheesecakes - My girl (and world traveler!), Angela, is totally to thank for this recipe.  Mini, Oreo, and cheesecake.  All the things!  I've made them multiple times, but the Halloween version is still my favorite.
  • Pumpkin chocolate chip cake - It may be cake, but this oh-so-fluffy item is for breakfast, too.  Not that any of the other items on this list also wouldn't be fantastic when eaten in the morning, this is just a little more acceptable/justifiable.
  • Pumpkin gooey butter cakes - I tend to think of these closer to Thanksgiving because of their pie-like nature, but I think I'm going to buck that trend and make 'em next week.
  • Pumpkin spice cheesecake brownies - These brownies hold a special place in my heart (and stomach) because they are the first dessert recipe I shared with you almost five years ago.  Equally gorgeous and delicious.
  • Red velvet cake pops - Can't even handle how cute these are.  A little time-consuming but so worth it... unless you eat them in multiples of 3 like someone I know.  Ahem.
  • Triple chocolate mousse cake - Last but certainly not least, this showstopping cake would be perfect for an adult-only soiree since it's intensely chocolate and less sweet than regular chocolate cakes.  Can you say dec-a-dent?

No comments:

Post a Comment