Monday, September 1, 2014

Meal plan: Week of 8/24-30

Happy Labor Day!  So, um, whathappenedtoAugust?!  Everyone I've talked to about summer's timeline seems to agree that June and July were paced just perfectly; August, however, was on something else entirely because it flew by.

We've spent this final weekend of August enjoying a mix of summer and fall activities: picnic dinner, tailgating and college football (Pitt dominated with a 62-0 victory!), family cookout, and even some browsing for new winter jackets.  The latter mission was unsuccessful, but I feel confident that I've got enough time before Old Man Winter hits western PA.  Although, snow in October isn't unheard of...

I'm a little ready for fall, can you tell?  Before I get too ahead of myself -- I blame you, Starbucks -- let's back up a bit and check out what I made for dinner last week.  A few new-to-us items, like pasta carbonara (OMG) and a twist on classic Mexican quesadillas, thanks to a few fabulous blogs around the web.  Enjoy!


Week of August 24th-30th
Sunday: Chicken meatballs with marinara & zucchini "pasta"
Monday: Roasted green beans with bacon & mushrooms
Tuesday: Garlic brown sugar chicken with grilled corn on the cob
Wednesday: Smashed white bean & kale quesadillas
Thursday: Pasta carbonara with peas
Friday: (Out - sushi for her, Chinese for him)
Saturday: Dill & garlic salmon with steamed broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment