Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 recipes of 2013 - my picks!

Yesterday, I listed the top 10 recipes of 2013 as determined by you.  Today, I'm sharing my top 10 favorite recipes of 2013.  There's a little bit of everything, starting with breakfast and all the way through to dessert... twice!  You might be surprised by what tops the list, too.

Thanks for making 2013 a milestone year here!  Big (delicious) changes are coming in 2014 and I can't wait to share them with you.  Wishing everyone an early Happy New Year! :)


10. Pumpkin pancakes - Breakfast foods are my go-to foods when I don't know what to make or don't have the energy for something more involved.  Traditional pancakes (actually typed "pumpcakes") get a spiced upgrade in these delicious seasonal flapjacks.



9. Crock Pot black bean soup - Hearty, inexpensive, healthy, and ridiculously easy.  This soup has been a lifesaver/dinnersaver on so many busy nights.



8. Garlic roasted cabbage - Roast it, and it will be delicious!  So simple and so life-changing.  Who knew cabbage could be so delicious?




7. Thai pork burgers with Sriracha aioli - A unique international spin on a classic burger.  And the Sriracha aioli?  It's irresistable, so don't put it on anything you don't plan on devouring in 5 seconds flat.



6. S'mores cupcakes - A fire-free way to enjoy s'mores 365 days a year!  My go-to chocolate cupcake recipe is jazzed up with a graham cracker base and fluffy marshmallow frosting.



5. Mini apple bacon meatloaves - Forget applewood-smoked bacon; I'll do ya one better -- sweet apples and salty bacon together in a perfectly petite meatloaf.  Bomb dot com!



4. Andy's BBQ chicken - The best chicken I've ever had, bar none.  Juicy beyond belief and with a nice spicy kick mellowed out just enough by the yogurt marinade.  Thanks for sharing the love, Andy!



3. Grandma's Oreo dessert - This has been a favorite in our family for decades!  I finally acquired the recipe so I can make it as much as I want -- best 29th birthday gift for sure.



2. Salmon tostadas - My love for salmon runs deep, y'all, so I could've guessed that I'd like these tostadas.  What I couldn't predict was that this recipe would quickly become my favorite prep for that gorgeous pink fish.  And the black bean salsa spread?  Edible gold as far as I'm concerned!



1. Kale salad - 2013 was most certainly the year of kale in the food world.  Restaurants, bloggers, and home cooks everywhere were introduced to the wonders of this green beyond its use as a garnish on buffets.  Me?  I fell fast and hard for this kale salad and have eaten a version of it nearly every day for lunch since May.  I really should own this shirt and bag.  Oh kale yeah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment