Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas morning eats

Two days and counting!  Better saddle up for one last trip to the store to pick up the necessary ingredients to make a special breakfast or two, be it on Christmas morning or another day over the holiday break.

Do you have any special Christmas morning breakfast traditions?  For as long as I can remember, we've always had cinnamon rolls, oranges, and coffee/hot chocolate.  We wake up slowly, nibbling and drinking and chatting, as my dad builds a fire in the family room.

It's funny to think how we rushed through this tradition when we were younger and now that we're older, we take our time -- so much so that my mom sometimes has to remind us to start opening gifts!  My 10-year old self would be shocked.

Wherever you find yourself on the 25th, I hope you have a festive and delicious start to the day.  Sweet and savory, here are some of my favorite breakfast recipes suitable for kids from 1 to 92 :)


Eggs & meats

Pancakes & waffles

Baked breads, casseroles, doughnuts & muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment