Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 10 recipes of 2012

Happy 2012, friends!

(Gotta squeeze in one last dodecahedral greeting before midnight, right?)

After almost two merry weeks of visiting, hugging, unwrapping, dining, and driving, we're finally back in snowy Pittsburgh.  Can you guess how big my smile was when we were blessed with nearly 6 inches of the white stuff this past weekend?  This should give you an idea:


Basically, somewhere between extreme elation and utter delirium.  My happiness was confirmed by the many messages I received from groaning friends, asking if I were, indeed, happy at "this white stuff."  Yes, yes I am, thank you :)

For most of that time, I was totally unplugged and savoring every last moment with family and friends, reliving much of the past year's events.  I realized that there has been so very much to be thankful for, and it's hard to believe everything that's happened in 2012.  I couldn't help but recall a few times when I thought (or said), "Man, I wish I could just stop time for a few days and not go anywhere or do anything."  Thankfully, that never happened.  Life is what's happening, and I certainly don't want to miss a single second of it.  Whoever first said, "I can sleep when I'm dead!" was right on the money!

Speaking of the last year, it's been a monumental year for this blog.  Three years strong and counting, readership is through the roof, and I even hosted the very first giveaway.  All of it is thanks to you for visiting, following, pinning, reading, laughing, encouraging, inspiring, cooking, and, of course, eating.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and stomach)!

To show you how much you mean to me, I wanted to feature the top 10 recipes from 2012, according to you, the most loyal readers!



10. Cheesecake stuffed strawberries



9. Sour cherry coffee cake



8. Peanut butter cup fluffernutter blondies



7. Smashed potato pizza



6. Snickers pretzel bottom blondies



5. P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps



4. Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes



3. Mini quinoa cups



2. Two ingredient ice cream


And, by a ridiculously large margin, I'm talking Grand Canyon big, the number one recipe of 2012, as determined by your clicks, is:


1. Mini corn dog muffins


Have a safe and sweet night celebrating everything that was this year and everything that will be in 2013! 

2 comments:

  1. That's my number one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, if you haven't, you need to make your way to West Mifflin and go to Jim's Hot Dogs or head down to Rostraver and go to the Red Caboose. Both have amazing hot dogs.

    ReplyDelete