I can't believe it's already been a year. And, I can't believe it's only been a year. Simply put, I can't imagine my life without Matt. He brings so much laughter and joy into my life, day in and day out. How can one person be so blessed?
While I always try my best to provide all of the love and support for Matt that's possible, I also like to spoil him with more tangible things, too. You know where this is going, don't you? Tangible things = edible things.
I absolutely love cooking and baking for people I love, especially Matt. Even if it's something as simple as a batch of pancakes, I get such joy seeing the look on his face as he drizzles syrup on a short stack and digs in on a lazy Saturday morning. Food is love, people!
(Just to be clear, I'm no saint. I'm most likely sitting next to him enjoying my very own syruped short stack, too.)
Today is about us, but, for me, it's about Matt. So I thought it'd be fun to share with you Matt's favorite recipes of mine that I've passed onto you over the past few years. He was consulted as I made this list, so it's the whole truth, folks.
One small note, however, is that he had a little trouble understanding the idea of a top 10 list and kept insisting that I include more recipes. I suppose there could be worse problems to have, right? :)
Without further ado, here are Matt's top
12. Olive oil bread - nothing can woo Matt quite like bread and butter
11. Salted brown butter Rice Krispie treats
10. Creamy taco pasta - also woo-worthy is pasta
9. Classic meatballs with spaghetti
8. Oatmeal raisin cookies - what started it all!
7. Sausage with tomatoes and goat cheese - that guy has a serious thing for goat cheese
6. Quiche, any variety - the first dish we made together, after Matt said he'd never heard of it
5. Quinoa salad
4. Mini corn dog muffins - ooooooooooooof course
3. Rosemary garlic chicken burgers
2. Zucchini and goat cheese pizza - despite having a terrible memory, he always remembers this
And Matt's number one favorite dish that I make is...
1. Sour cherry pie
Like I said, food is love! Matt, I love you! Happy 1st anniversary :)