Monday, December 10, 2012

Anniversary + Matt's favorite recipes

Exactly one year ago today I married my best friend!

[photo by Joanna Fassinger]

I can't believe it's already been a year.  And, I can't believe it's only been a year.  Simply put, I can't imagine my life without Matt.  He brings so much laughter and joy into my life, day in and day out.  How can one person be so blessed?

While I always try my best to provide all of the love and support for Matt that's possible, I also like to spoil him with more tangible things, too.  You know where this is going, don't you?  Tangible things = edible things. 

I absolutely love cooking and baking for people I love, especially Matt.  Even if it's something as simple as a batch of pancakes, I get such joy seeing the look on his face as he drizzles syrup on a short stack and digs in on a lazy Saturday morning.  Food is love, people!

(Just to be clear, I'm no saint.  I'm most likely sitting next to him enjoying my very own syruped short stack, too.)

[photo by Joanna Fassinger

Today is about us, but, for me, it's about Matt.  So I thought it'd be fun to share with you Matt's favorite recipes of mine that I've passed onto you over the past few years.  He was consulted as I made this list, so it's the whole truth, folks.

One small note, however, is that he had a little trouble understanding the idea of a top 10 list and kept insisting that I include more recipes.  I suppose there could be worse problems to have, right? :)

Without further ado, here are Matt's top 10 12 favorite recipes:



12. Olive oil bread - nothing can woo Matt quite like bread and butter




11. Salted brown butter Rice Krispie treats




10. Creamy taco pasta - also woo-worthy is pasta




9. Classic meatballs with spaghetti




8. Oatmeal raisin cookies - what started it all!




7. Sausage with tomatoes and goat cheese - that guy has a serious thing for goat cheese




6. Quiche, any variety - the first dish we made together, after Matt said he'd never heard of it
 



5. Quinoa salad
 



4. Mini corn dog muffins - ooooooooooooof course




3. Rosemary garlic chicken burgers




2. Zucchini and goat cheese pizza - despite having a terrible memory, he always remembers this

And Matt's number one favorite dish that I make is...



 
1. Sour cherry pie 


Like I said, food is love!  Matt, I love you!  Happy 1st anniversary :)

[photo by Joanna Fassinger

1 comment:

  1. I predicted mini corndogs as #1. Thought that was a pretty safe bet unless there was another hot dog product I forgot about.

    ReplyDelete