Monday, August 8, 2011

Visiting Georgetown Cupcakes + mini Monday

Take that, Monday morning!  Did you think you were going to catch me off guard and groggy?  No way!  A very fun and relaxing weekend revived me and made getting up this morning (to exercise, even!) much easier than I would've guessed.  Our DC hosts were fabulous and made us feel right at home!

While we spent most of the weekend lounging and enjoying the good great company, we did make a day trip to Georgetown on Saturday, where we strolled, shopped, ate, and frequented a cupcake shop you may have heard of: Georgetown Cupcakes.  It's kind of a big deal.

Need further proof?  Here was the line to buy cupcakes.


Truth be told, it really wasn't bad at all since we were in the shade.  From standing in line to cradling our cupcakes, it was just under 30 minutes.  And, honestly, I spent most of that time contemplating my order.  So many choices, 18 total for Saturday alone!

 


Okay, so planning our orders and partaking in an quick glamour shots session as well.  No big deal :)  Once inside, there were no sightings of the owners, Katherine and Sophie, but these cupcake purveyors were mighty friendly and efficient.


Anyway, I'll get to the bottom line.  Was the wait worth it?  Did these individual petite cakes live up to the hype?

The answer was obvious: YES!  These are easily my favorite commercial and super-hyped cupcakes.  (Others tested include Sprinkles, Crumbs, Magnolia, Sugar Sweet Sunshine, etc.)  That day and a day later, the cakes were still incredibly moist, not to mention so uniquely flavorful and delicious.

We ordered chocolate chocolate, chocolate vanilla, vanilla vanilla, red velvet, coconut, key lime, salted caramel, peanut butter fudge, and mint cookies & creme.  Of those, I sampled the key lime, salted caramel, peanut butter fudge, chocolate chocolate, and mint cookies & creme, the last being my very favorite. 


With all of that sugar in our systems, we needed a water stop, which is where the first miniature item was encountered.  "One cup of water, please."  And this is what we received:


A shot glass-sized plastic cup!  Oh, Starbucks, you tricky trickster.  (Other words came to mind, but they aren't quite as appropriate to share here.)

Thankfully, the second mini item I'm going to share with you is much more awesome.  Shame on me for just getting around to sharing this with you now, but, better late than never... and fitting, since cupcakes were just discussed.  My favorite rollerblading companion (and awesome maid of honor, too!) surprised me with these joyful little miniature cake stands, care of (who else) Martha Stewart.  Don't you just want to squeal over how cute they are?!

 I can't wait to put these to good use, but for now, they'll have to settle for being a pedestal for my house keys :)  Three cheers for thinking outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment