Monday, August 15, 2011

Changes a'comin'!

Happy Monday to all of you!  Have a nice weekend?  I hope so!  The breakdown: I worked on Saturday, hosted a long-overdue apartment-warming party that evening for which I did juuuuust a lil' baking and cooking (obvs!), and got outside to enjoy this picture perfect summer weather we've been having.  Upper 70s and sunny with a light breeze?  Per-fec-tion!  Oh, and then I watched an hour and a half's worth of the show Extreme Couponing on TLC.  That show is a trainwreck but I tear my eyes away from the TV.  Have you ever watched it?

Speaking of busy weekends, the past month or two has been just as jam-packed with things to do, and I've had less and less time to devote to posting about recipes and food and other exciting domestic pursuits.  That means rushed writing and posts that I feel could've been so much better!  (Being a perfectionist is a terrible curse at times.)  It makes me so sad and a bit frustrated, to be honest.  Something like this.


I love love love sharing my latest kitchen pursuits with you and hearing about yours, too!  But I just can't settle for anything less than the best.  Even more frustrating is that my frequency of playing in the kitchen with new ingredients and creations hasn't changed one bit, maybe even increased!  But the time, oh the time isn't there at the moment.  It makes me act like this:



But I've gotten it together and have decided a little change is in order, so listen up, lovelies!  Starting this week, I won't be guaranteeing a post every weekday like I have for the past two years (wow!).  It'll change from week to week, some with two posts and some with four or even five, but the days will vary.

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere.  In fact, I'm doing this so I can stay with you.  Because, like I've said, I rather like you folks. :)

So much so that I've already got a few recipes to share with you.  A little teaser with pictures from Saturday's party:



What could be inside that gorgeous golden pocket of puff pastry?  (Say that five times fast!)  You'll have to wait to find out.  Keep checking back because who knows when posts will pop up and thanks a million for your continued support :)  Have a fantastic day!

One Year Ago: Mom's famous banana muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment