- White bean dip - serve with chips, pretzels, veggies, or pitas
- Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts - quick, easy, and quickly disappearing
- Mom's chicken dip - double this recipe because it always goes first!
- Steak sandwiches with goat cheese and caramelized onions
- Chicken burgers with rosemary garlic mayonnaise - step out of the box!
- Slow cooker short rib ragu - no need to slave over a hot grill for this!
- Turkey stuffed peppers - a great dish if rain has squashed your grilling plans
- How to make stuffed burgers - I personally love mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes
- Portobello mushroom lasagna roll-ups - great for vegetarians!
On the side:
- Roasted cumin chickpea salad - flavorful, healthy, and no fuss!
- Peas with shallots and pancetta - bright and low maintenance
- Matt's bacon haluski - a delicious twist on a classic Polish dish
- A-Z summer salad - what isn't in this creamy and crunchy salad?
- Pat's loaded baked potato salad - it doesn't get much better than this
- The world's best macaroni and cheese - trust me, your guests will beg for the recipe
- Black bottom cupcakes - both chocolate and cheesecake lovers will delight!
- Gooey St. Louis butter cakes - one pan, cut and serve!
- Coconut cream pie - what's more American than a pie?
- Apple crumb pie - (ditto)
- Monster cookies - chock full of chocolate, M&Ms, peanut butter, and raisins!
- Red velvet cake - patriotic, too!
- Peanut butter cup crunch brownies - (no explanation necessary!)
- Glazed chocolate cake - try topping with red white and blue sprinkles!
- From scratch "box" brownies - what picnic is complete without brownies?
- Orange creamsicle cookies - a citrusy taste of summer!
- Chewy sugar cookies - a classic
- Salted browned butter Rice Krispie treats - all ages will devour these!
One Year Ago: Frozen banana custard (one ingredient dessert!)