Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Feeling hot hot hot!

Welcome back!  Did you have a great holiday weekend?  I certainly had a fantasmic Memorial Day weekend.  I swear, these past four days had it all: power outages and trees down at my parents' house (oh my!), wedding tasks (flowers, check!), delicious dining, helping a friend move, some shopping, lots and lots of walking (and some sunburn!), and a picnic.

Whew!

Needless to say, I slept like a rock last night.  9:30 bedtime, anyone? :)

One thing I didn't get to do this weekend was cook or bake.  It was simply too hot to even dream of turning on the oven in my air conditioning-free apartment.  And, judging by the forecast this week, I doubt that's going to change in the near future.

Not to neglect my little project here, I thought it was high time to relive some of my top recipes and share them in case you're new to these parts.  Top recipes were picked according to the number of visits you kind folks have made to my site over the past two years or so.  Let's start with the number one -- and by miiiiiiiiles! -- most popular recipe: giant chewy sugar cookies!


If you didn't get a chance to make these this weekend, put them on your to-do list for the immediate future! These cookies are so full of flavor that they put those grocery store sugar cookies to shame.  To shame, I tell you!  Plus, I swear they have healing powers... they're a real cure for those post-holiday weekend blues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment