Happy last day of work before vacation to me and, hopefully, many of you! My morning walk was replaced by a commute from my parents' place. What would've normally taken at least an hour only took 45 minutes AND I scored a parking spot... right in front of my office... at a jammed meter = no quarters necessary!
It's my favorite little things like this that put a big jump in my step and start the day off just right :) Though I'm no Oprah and can't give away boat loads of goodies (appliances, cars, croissants from Williams & Sonoma... mmm), I can share some of my favorite things at this very moment! Especially since I've always followed my mother's rule of not shopping for myself around the holidays... but there are so many good sales! Pshhhh...
1. Holiday cake pops by Bakerella. By now, most of the civilized world has heard of her talents when it comes to making bite-sized cake pops in all shapes and sizes. And there is something so charming about an individual dessert, meant just for you. These reindeer and Santa hat numbers are too cute for words. I'd be hesitant to eat one!
2. Christmas place settings for a formal affair of sorts. Whether super rustic just-made-by-your-friendly-lumberjack table or classy and simple, I'm a sucker for any holiday decorations.
3. This cardigan by Kate Spade. It just oozes fun and sparkle, perfect for this time of year!
4. Grilled cheese. Totally random but there is something so comforting and decadent about this quick sandwich. My tip for the best cheese combination? Sharp cheddar and Gruyere. To die for!
5. These ankle-tie ballet flats from J. Crew. The traditional nude pink color is beautiful, but I like the more subtle olive green. Come to think of it, the pink would be a sweet wedding reception shoe... comfortable for dancing all night! But, for everyday use, even if the ribbons would be hidden under jeans, I'd know they were still there and love them even more.
One Year Ago: How to: Creaming butter and sugar