Friday, November 7, 2014

Fast Friday: Prosciutto-wrapped chicken stuffed with pears & Brie


Hey, would you look at that?  It's Friday!  For once, the "I have no idea what day it is" confusion has surprised me in a good way.  I spent most of yesterday feeling like it was only Wednesday.  That being said, I will never, ever not welcome Friday with open arms.


I think much of the reason my days were mixed up is because Monday felt like an extension of the weekend.  Matt and I left work early and headed to the Hyundai dealership to close out the lease on our car.

In the end, buying the vehicle was a no brainer since we love our Accent dearly.  Also a no brainer?  The minimal amount of paperwork involved; it took less than 5 minutes to complete, much to our surprise.  Three cheers for being official car owners!


With this new title (see what I did there?), I couldn't help but reminisce and think back to where we were three years ago.  I bought leased my first car.  I took out my own insurance policy.  And I wasn't yet married; Matt and I were engaged and exactly 30 days from our wedding date. 

To be honest, my memory is a little fuzzy because I may have had a tiny anxiety attack when the salesman was preparing the ridiculous amount of paperwork.  I remember Matt asking if I was okay and responding, "Yeah, it's just a really big decision."  He then joked, "You know what's also a big decision?  Getting married!  Are you going to freak out then, too?"  Stone-faced, I replied, "Shh, I've never been more sure of anything in my life.  I'm excited for that."

Oh, Katy.

Three years later, I'm a happily married car owner.  I'm also quite happy that I resurrected prosciutto-wrapped chicken from 2011 and upgraded it in a major way.

I give you prosciutto-wrapped chicken stuffed with pears and Brie!

It's quite a mouthful to say, but it's a mouthful you're going to love.  So much that I started referring to it simply as "fancy chicken" because I couldn't stop talking about it and grew tired of saying "prosciutto-wrapped chicken stuffed with Brie and pears."  The only time I wasn't talking about it is when I was eating it.

I mean, how could anyone not talk about prosciutto and Brie and pears?  It's prosciutto!  And Brie!  And pears!  Speaking as someone who is basically always talking about food in some capacity, good or bad, this is the kind of dish you'll want to tell your spouse, neighbors, and even the guy at the dry cleaners about.

Juicy chicken is bursting with sweet pears and can't-believe-it's-so-creamy Brie.  As if that weren't enough of a present, it's wrapped up in whisper-thin prosciutto.  Who needs glossy red ribbon when you've got salty cured ham?  Yes, please. 


What’s that saying?  “Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow is the future, and today is a gift, that’s why it’s called the present.”  Well, sure, but I think it would be even better if today were Friday and wrapped in prosciutto.  Wait a minute…

TGIF! :)


One year ago: Creamy avocado pasta with peas
Two years ago: Pumpkin oatmeal cookies
Three years ago: Pork chops with cranberry sauce
Four years ago: Breakfast apple granola crisp
Five years ago: Maple walnut blondies


Prosciutto-Wrapped Brie & Pear Stuffed Chicken
(inspired by this recipe)
-serves 4

4 (4-6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 green Anjou pear, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
3-4 ounces Brie cheese, sliced and divided into 4 portions
8 thin slices proscuitto
Salt
Ground black pepper
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and place a wire rack on top.  Coat wire rack lightly with nonstick spray.

Cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast.  Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  Into the pocket of one chicken breast, layer slices of pear and Brie, using 1/4 of the ingredients.  Make sure that chicken can close over stuffing, and wrap with two slices of prosciutto to securely close.  Place stuffed and wrapped chicken breast, seam side down, onto wire rack.  Repeat with remaining ingredients.

Brush tops of chicken breasts lightly with olive oil.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Enjoy immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment