Monday, September 13, 2010

Welcome back, fall (TV)!

It's the Monday morning after a fantastic weekend, filled with fun things like the Irish festival, shopping, book club, and great weather all-around... so why was I so sluggish getting out of bed this morning after a quality 8 hours of rest?  It's this thing going on with my head and nose, you see.  It could be a cold, but I'm thinking (read: praying) that it's merely allergies.  But let's be honest, regardless of the cause, I'm going to ignore it and go about my normal routine, hoping that denial is the best medicine :)

So, armed with a chipper self-imposed healthy disposition and a stomach full of a energy-packed breakfast sandwich, I ventured outside, only to be slapped with 50-degree air and drizzling rain!  No thank you!  (If I'm polite, does that mean it'll go away?)  May I go back inside, please?  And curl up in the papasan chair with a cup of hot chocolate?  Mmm... which reminds me, I must share the most amazing discovery of my weekend -- the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks.  I'm not a coffee drinker and usually not a big fan of their regular hot chocolate (point me toward the peppermint and pumpkin flavors, thank you), but this drink was out of this world!  The salty sweet warm chocolate... you must try it!

Oh, so where was I?  Ah, yes, curling up with one of these on the couch.  And, wouldn't you know it, the season of absolutely nothing being on TV is finally behind us.  Bring on the autumn weather that rushed right in and the fall TV premieres...

I usually don't watch much TV during the summer months.  Primarily because, after months of being cooped up inside, I want nothing more than to be out in the fresh air until the sun goes down, getting my fill of Dave & Andy's and Razzy Fresh.  Oh, and it doesn't hurt that there is absolutely nothing worth watching.  Reruns are reruns, and I didn't really miss TV at all.  But this morning's walk to work had me thanking my lucky stars that the first of my shows returns tonight -- Gossip Girl!!!  I used to hang my head in shame when I'd publicly declare that I watched this, but I've learned that there are many closet GG watchers out there.  A guilty pleasure never hurt anyone :)

The rest of the fall premiere dates can be found here.  My other favorites include The Office, Community, Glee, and How I Met Your Mother.  Have you missed TV or do you watch in the summer as well?  What are you going to be watching in these coming weeks? 

Happy Monday!  I'm looking forward to some sitting and a tiny croissant that I have just to mark the Parisian premiere of GG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment