- Pittsburgh Irish Festival -- Irish bands and food, and surely some jigging. I'm hoping to get there tonight!
- The opening weekend of the Pittsburgh Public Market! As if the Strip District wasn't already the food mecca of western PA, this new open-air warehouse will feature locally grown food, baked goods, and even crafts and art. Fair warning -- parking is usually b-a-n-a-n-a-s on weekends.
- Don't just talk the talk, but walk the
walkline at the 2010 Johnny Cash Day party at the Elks Lodge on the North Side. A friend alerted me to this, and I'm sure it will be a very hip scene!
- Pittsburgh air show, Wings Over Pittsburgh, is free and happening Saturday and Sunday. I have such fond memories of watching the Blue Angels fly over St. Vincent College in Latrobe when I was younger. It may sound a wee bit lame, but trust me when I say it's infinitely impressive and exciting.
- Looking to channel your inner Benny Goodman or Louis Armstrong? Head to Schenley Plaza on Saturday for a free all-day jazz festival, featuring new performers every hour. The weather looks like it's going to phenomenal, so pack up a treat or two and enjoy an afternoon picnic :)
Lots of links today. Have a fantastic weekend, get outside, cook something delicious, and relax relax relax in the cool September air :)