Thursday, March 13, 2014

Honey cinnamon butter


For as much as I think and talk about food, you might think my favorite meals would be high-brow dishes served on fine bone China by a white-gloved wait staff.  Things I couldn't possibly make myself using ingredients not easily found.

This couldn't be farther from the truth.  In fact, I have a confession:

Breakfast foods are my favorite.

And not the fancy stuff (i.e. anything with hollaindaise).  I'm talking about the classics: toast, pancakes, muffins & breads, and waffles.  The good stuff a.k.a. anything that can be buttered.

Because, well, butter!  Butter = the best stuff.  Now that's some math we can all get behind, right?

This weekend, I did the impossible: I made butter even better, which made breakfast better, too.  (Say that five times fast.)

I topped a homemade oat waffle with freshly whipped honey cinnamon butter.  Divine, I tell you!  Just sweet enough with the warm flavor of cinnamon.  It'd be equally delicious spread on toasted bread and bagels, even atop a batch of pumpkin pancakes for an extra touch of cinnamon and sweetness.

This is just like the heavenly stuffed served with the bread basket at Texas Roadhouse but better.  Better because there's no reason to leave the house so it can be enjoyed in sweatpants.

Sweatpants are another favorite of mine.

For those keeping track, I've just declared my passion for breakfast, butter, and sweatpants in one siting.  I can only imagine what you must be thinking... and I will say nothing to stop you from doing so.

Check back tomorrow for the recipe for those delicious oat waffles!  Your (better) butter will thank you.


One year ago: Oreo cream pie
Three years ago: Orange brown sugar chicken
Four years ago: The best macaroni & cheese


Honey Cinnamon Butter
-makes 8 to 10 servings

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons honey

Whip butter in the bowl of a mixer on medium high for 30 seconds.  Add cinnamon and honey and mix on medium speed until well-blended.  Serve at room temperature or wrap in plastic wrap, shape into a log, and chill, using as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment