Speaking of last weekend, I've been on a mega apple kick lately, and realized I've only posted two pumpkin recipes so far this fall. Eek! Naturally, once I made sense of this, I went on a bit of a pumpkin brainstorming binge, jotting down no less than 20 ideas that I must make tomorrow, no, now!
Since indecision is my middle name (along with "kale" and "can'tsleepin"), it dawned on me that I should turn to you guys for a little help. This week's Friday Five are a few of the pumpkin recipes near the top of that impulsive/hungry list. Here goes:
1. Pumpkin spice snickerdoodles - The same soft and chewy cookie base you know from traditional snickerdoodles but amped up with pumpkin puree added to the cookie batter and then rolled in a mixture of sugar and pumpkin pie spices.
2. Pumpkin pancakes - Exactly as they sound. I'd love to say they'd be shaped like pumpkins, too, but that's TBD.
3. Pumpkin pudding cookies - Super soft and chewy cookies thanks to the addition of a package of pumpkin spice instant pudding to the batter.
4. Pumpkin spice puppy chow - Again, another twist on a classic snack. This time, think Chex cereal tossed with peanut butter, melted white chocolate, and pumpkin pie spices before being blanketed in confectioner's sugar. I already can't keep my hand out of the imaginary bowl of this in my mind!
5. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies - Mmm hmm.
Search your soul, listen to your stomach, and leave a comment with your votes for #1 and #2 picks as to what you'd like me to make and share next. Please submit votes byWednesday, October 16th, to have your appetite heard.
Thank you, friends! :) Have a fantastically autumnal weekend!