Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Restaurant review: Sarris Ice Cream Shop

If you asked me what the happiest place on earth were, I'd surely respond with two words that would surprise no one: Disney World!

But, if you were to ask me what the happiest place in western Pennsylvania were, could you guess what my answer would be?

Sarris Candies Shop and Ice Cream Parlor in Canonsburg, PA.


That place should serve unicorn and fairy sundaes, because it's sooooo the stuff of dreams!  Dreams, people, dreams.

Before diving into the chocolate shop half of the location, we headed to the ice cream parlor.  I ordered a Small Tyme Sundae, but worry not, there is nothing small about it.  One scoop of peanut butter cookie dough, one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough, hot fudge topping, a cookie stick and a maraschino cherry on top, of course.  And it was flipping fantasmical -- yep, I made that word up on that glorious day.  Clearly the best sundae I've ever had.  And I can't stop thinking about it, even weeks later.



After we spent what seemed like hours enjoying our blissful ice cream creations (and a few minutes using their handy mirrors to clear our faces of the evidence), we explored the rest of the shop.  Totally. Overwhelming.



And hey, men, don't think for a second this is only a place for sweet-toothed ladies and sugar-craving children.  We spotted two rather manly fellows who made a pit stop for a cool treat after (or during?) a bike ride. 

All in all, a magical day that I think about at least once a day, no joke.  Head over to the eatPGH blog to watch a video of Laura's and my adventures in cream, sugar, and obviously chocolate.  Then, round up your favorite people, get in your car, and head to Sarris now.  Yep, now.  Leave work and do it.  You'll be so glad you did.

Sarris Candies & Ice Cream Parlour on Urbanspoon

1 comment: