Friday, February 10, 2012

Guacamole grilled cheese

Remember that teaser I gave you yesterday?  A toasted morsel that appeared to be photo-bombing the roasted tomato soup?


Well, get ready for this one.  The perfect mate for this amped up tomato soup needs to be a rockstar in its own right, because a regular ol' grilled cheese just won't do.  How about a grilled cheese and guacamole sandwich?  Um, yes please!


This falls into the category "Why didn't I think of that?" food combos.  Such a simple addition but, boy, does it take this classic sandwich from ordinary to extraordinary.  Even from extraordinary to amaze-balls!  Cool creamy avocado mashed with a little bit of minced onion, garlic, S & P, and a slice of tomato (hidden in the schmear of green goodness).  To die for, I'm telling you.  With this sandwich and that soup, you'll never think of grilled cheese and tomato soup as a last resort kind of meal again.

Have a fantastically cozy weekend, east coasters!  I'm visiting a friend on the west coast in LA until Sunday evening, so I'll be soaking up as much vitamin D as possible before I eagerly return to snow, where I'll recap my adventures to share with you :)  Happy bites to you and yours!

One year ago: Peas with shallots and pancetta
Two years ago: Valentine's Day blondies

Head over to Two Peas & Their Pod for their recipe for Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment