Some of my favorite posts:
- The beginning
- My most favorite cookie ever
- A smoky and delicious split pea soup that I've been craving for weeks
- I-can't-believe-they're-made-from-scratch "box" brownies
- The domestic queen's show-stopping recipe for macaroni and cheese
- Doughnut month!
- One ingredient dessert
- Using your pantry/freezer to create a feast -- peanut shrimp & veggies
- Some history of the Kemp family and its beloved cherry pie
- This isn't your mother's meatloaf (not that hers isn't delicious!)
- How to plan meals for a week and shop for groceries
- BDATM goes French with a cassoulet!
And, last but certainly not least, one of my very favorite things -- the readers! You! I can't express how thankful I am for you and your interest, input, and general support for my little project. Looking back at old posts, I realize how much I've grown and how much more there is to learn. Somewhere along the way I decided to share more of my personal life with you, and I hope that's okay and not nauseating :) I just felt that the kitchen is as much a part of my life as my family, friends, and day to day adventures, so why not share all of it.
As always, I love hearing from you -- requests, questions, recipe or craft recommendations, and even simple greetings. Without you, this would be in vain. So, a not nearly big enough but will have to suffice THANK YOU to you!
I'm taking the day off from work to have a fall day with Matt. We're heading to a local farm for apples, pumpkins, lunch, and maybe a side trip to the outlets... if I can bribe him with enough apple cider to make retail therapy sound appealing :)