Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy 1st birthday to me!

Hey, guess what?  It's been one year since a bout with boredom resulted in the creation of this little blog!  Can you believe it?  I can't!

 Some of my favorite posts:

And, last but certainly not least, one of my very favorite things -- the readers!  You!  I can't express how thankful I am for you and your interest, input, and general support for my little project.  Looking back at old posts, I realize how much I've grown and how much more there is to learn.  Somewhere along the way I decided to share more of my personal life with you, and I hope that's okay and not nauseating :)  I just felt that the kitchen is as much a part of my life as my family, friends, and day to day adventures, so why not share all of it.

As always, I love hearing from you -- requests, questions, recipe or craft recommendations, and even simple greetings.  Without you, this would be in vain.  So, a not nearly big enough but will have to suffice THANK YOU to you!

I'm taking the day off from work to have a fall day with Matt.  We're heading to a local farm for apples, pumpkins, lunch, and maybe a side trip to the outlets... if I can bribe him with enough apple cider to make retail therapy sound appealing :)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eating the red velvet cake you made me with a tall glass of milk. Delicious. Happy birthday to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you, for your support and appetites!

    N -- An extra special thank you for putting up with the early kitchen disasters! I am publicly stating that I owe you free red velvet cake for life :) Happy belated birthday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday bloggie!! Congrats! I will be making your rice krispie treats in honor of this day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! I used your shopping list format for last week's grocery trip - much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it helped, Bryan! I have heard of your displeasure with the Market District's setup :)

    ReplyDelete