Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple spice French toast for one

Happy Friday!  It's a gorgeous fall morning and I'm full of energy... maybe due to the abbreviated workout last night?  Woops.  There's been a tiny tingle in my right knee all week that upgraded itself to a stinging pain yesterday, so I stopped and headed home to do some fall cleaning.  Anyway, that extra pep in my step is probably due to the awesome breakfast I made for myself -- cinnamon apple French toast!  It added only two minutes to my morning routine and was worth the splurge on a Friday.  Here's how to treat yourself:


 Apple Spice French Toast
  • Peel an apple and dice it, put it in a bowl and toss with a tablespoon of water, splash of vanilla, dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.  
  • Toss together and microwave for 2 minutes to soften apples.  
  • Meanwhile, cook two pieces of bread as you would for French toast 
  • Top with warm apple and spice mixture for serving.  The apples are soft and the cinnamon and vanilla make for a nice liquid... I didn't even need syrup!  A warm-you-all-over kind of meal.  Win win :)

In other news... though it's not until tomorrow at approximately 10:02 in the morning, an early but equally special HAPPY 24th BIRTHDAY! to my not-so-little-but-still-baby sister, Jenny :)  I love you! 

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment