Friday, February 14, 2014

Love ya!


Good morning, snow bunnies!  How are ya?  Hopefully safe and warm and with power.  This latest winter storm largely missed Pittsburgh, but the rest of the northeastern part of the country can't say the same.  Looks like it's a good time to hunker down, bake something sweet, and watch a favorite movie (or three).

This week has been busy, tiring, and good all at the same time.  The lowest point was one sleepless night when I woke up at the ripe hour of 1:30am and couldn't drift back to dreamland.  The highest point was an impromptu weeknight trip to Sarris for an ice cream sundae.  I hope I never get to a point in my life when an ice cream sundae can't erase my woes.

I've left things undone in every part of my life -- nothing urgent, thankfully -- and they're just going to have to wait.  I had great plans for not one but two delicious recipes to photograph and share with you and... it never happened.  I'm human, but I'm still sorry.  Forgive me, will ya?

So today, instead of a lusciously simple new pasta recipe, I'm leaving you with one very important message: I love ya!  Without you, there would be no fun, no posts, no inspiration, and no heart.  Despite Valentine's Day being a goofy made-up holiday, it's a happy reminder to all of us to appreciate all kinds of love in our lives and the world around us.

That and it gives us an excuse to indulge in some of the best chocolate and candy of the calendar year :)  Happy holiday weekend, everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment