Monday, January 23, 2012

The best wedding advice ever

I had a series of wedding posts all typed up and ready to go.  And then, I realized, something was very wrong: the posts were naked!

Um, let me try that again.  

The posts had no pictures!

There, that sounds much better.  I do have a few great shots from friends and family, but we won't receive the sure-to-be amazing professional shots for another few weeks.  Since I want to make sure they are properly illustrated, I'm going to hold off on the wedding recaps.  But I'm dying to share a few more photos with you.  So, I'm going to do just that, along with the best bit of wedding advice I received.

A sneak peek of the dress:



Ready to head upstairs to the sanctuary and sprint gracefully process down the aisle:



Happily married for a few minutes!



And, you know, I had to include one shot of the real star of the whole day -- my fab wedding cardigan, sequins and all:



The best bit of wedding advice I received and you'll ever hear, too.

As many of you who have planned weddings or had close friends or family members go through the process know, there are millions of decisions to make.  When you've loved weddings and crafting for as long as I have, some things are all but set in stone but many more are still up in the air.  "Oh, I remember these fantastic ideas for place cards."  And you realize you have 12 ideas saved.  You can only pick one.  And you finally choose one that you love.  But what if there is something better?  


Stop right there, missy!

Hear is a bit of very sage wisdom I got from a friend while she was planning her own wedding:

Once you make a decision, stop looking.

There are gazillion options for everything from place cards to dresses to fonts.  A girl could drive herself mad trying to sample all of them in order to pick "the one."  There will always be something better, but try to remember that you picked the initial one because you loved it.  Pat yourself on the back for crossing something else off your to-do list, and move on since there is surely much more to do.

Think of it this way -- you found the guy of your dreams, your best friend and love of your life and you stopped looking. ...right?  Well, I hope so :)

3 comments: