Monday, July 14, 2014

Meal plan: Week of 6/29-7/5

When this post goes live, I'll be sound asleep, enjoying a day off at my in-laws' house.

Ha ha ha!  Are you laughing, too?

Truth be told, at the time this post goes live, I'll have been wide awake for nearly two hours and reading in bed.  I took this month's book club pick with me this weekend, hoping to make a serious dent in it since I'd only read about 25 pages.  Though I regret lacking the ability to sleep past 6:30, I do enjoy staying curled up in bed and having a peaceful start to my day.

We're planning to depart Reading around lunchtime, putting us back in da 'burgh before dinnertime.  (Does anyone else use meals rather than the clock to indicate the time of day?)  I made and took a grocery list/meal plan with me, so we can stop at the store on the way home.  Though tonight's dinner will be a quick & easy one, I can guarantee it'll be healthy since we always end up craving lighter fare after weekend visits.

Hope your Monday is as un-"Monday" as possible!

Are there any (healthier) foods that you crave after an indulgent weekend and that make you feel back to normal?

Week of June 29th - July 5th

Sunday: Leftovers from Union Grill
Monday: Out to Lidia's (arugula pear salad, asparagus & ramp ravioli with shrimp)
Tuesday: Grilled chicken with avocado & strawberry salsa
Wednesday: Veggies (broccoli, peppers, zucchini) & hummus platter, watermelon
Thursday: Apricot-glazed bacon-wrapped chicken, green beans & peas
Friday: Salmon burgers with Old Bay sweet potato fries
Saturday: Cookout at friends' house

No comments:

Post a Comment